March 23, 2010

Decorative Tray Redo

During the same Goodwill trip that scored me the grapevine hearts for my spring wreath, I picked up this:
 It cost me a whopping $2.50.

Don't you think it's just perfect for my dining room?  Nothing like farm animals and pineapple to add a touch of elegance.  Alright, maybe I made a few adjustments.  Like a coat of white spray paint.  And some fancy paper.  And of course, I covered the entire thing with my trusty old Mod Podge.  Ready for the reveal?  Okay, here's the after:




The photo is of my dad's parents, from 1943.  Isn't it amazing?  Do you recognize the paper lining the tray?  Yes, it's the same as this paper.  I liked the idea of having some consistency across the room.  (And I just loved the paper!)  I was very frustrated by the bubbles under the paper, but now that it's done, I don't really mind them too much.  Although I did go out today to purchase a brayer.  I'm hopeful that it will save me some stress on future projects.  

I'm so happy with the way that this turned out.  The tray was my first real redo and I couldn't have hoped for it to have turned out better.  I'm almost positive that I couldn't purchase this for less than $2.50. Hurray for Goodwill, hurray for Mod Podge, and hurray for fantastic old pictures!

4 comments:

  1. Mmm. I like this layout of reds and neutrals. And, yes, that photo of your grandparents is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute. I just did a tray recently too. I love how cute they turn out! Great paper choice! Thanks for sharing at 'Look at me, I'm SO Crafty!' at Fun to Craft.

    ReplyDelete

I can't wait to hear what you think!

Related Posts with Thumbnails